Frequently Asked Questions About Memorial Jewellery, Keepsake Lockets, Memorial Lockets and Cremation Jewellery Urns
- What is Cremation Jewellery/Memorial Jewellery/Jewellery Urns?
Cremation jewellery can be used to hold memorial keepsakes such as a lock of hair, fur, soil from a funeral burial site or some dried petals from the funeral flowers and can be worn or stored in an elegant jewellery display in your home.
The MJA range of memorial jewellery includes memorial lockets designed especially as a memorial for the loss of a baby or child, infant loss or miscarriage as well as designs especially for pet loss.
The idea of cremation jewellery was originally developed by our manufacturer, Madelyn Company, over 15 years ago. Read the Madelyn story of inspiration here.
- How Much Cremation Ashes or Keepsakes Will My Keepsake Locket Hold?
- Are All The Keepsake Pendants Suitable for Engraving?
- I am organising a funeral through a funeral home. Can I arrange to get my cremation jewellery through them?
Yes. You are welcome to have your funeral home contact us with your requirements or you can ask your funeral home to put some ashes aside for your jewellery. Most funeral homes are happy to fill the jewellery for you and work with you on your memorial jewelry needs.
- Is Cremation Jewelery Suitable for Holding My Pets Ashes or Fur?
- Are There Other Types of Jewelry For Ashes?
- How Do I Fill My Cremation Jewellry Urn?
- How Do I Care For My Urn Pendant?
- What is Gold Vermeil?
- What is 14k Gold and How is it Different to 9k, 10k, 18k or 24k Gold?
18k or 18ct is 18/24s pure gold (or 75% pure gold).
14k or 14ct is 14/24s pure gold, (or 58.5% pure gold).
10k or 10ct is 10/24s pure gold, so it is less than half gold (or 41.7% pure gold).
9k or 9ct is 9/24s pure gold, again less than half gold (or 37.5% pure gold).
To obtain different karats, pure Gold is blended with a number of metals - usually a mixture of copper and silver in Yellow Gold and nickel or palladium in White Gold. The 'k' or 'karat' is therefore a unit of fineness. Each of our quality Solid 14k Gold cremation jewellery urns carry a 14k Hallmark.
- What If I Lose My Cremation Urn Jewellery?
It is very important that, if you are scattering the majority of your loved one's cremation ashes, you keep a small amount in a safe place in case your memorial jewellery urn is ever lost or stolen. Your memorial jewellery can be replaced but you will need more of the precious ashes of your loved one to fill it.